Dedicated to the citizens of Mason County, Washington since 1886


Shelton's first firetruck

Immediately after the Savoy Hotel was destroyed by fire in September 1925, the Shelton Kiwanis Club, the Active Club and the town council held a meeting to discuss the need for better firefighting capabilities. At that time, Shelton had three hose carts, which had been delayed in arriving at the fire due to lack of practice on the part of the firefighting volunteers. It was decided that the town needed to acquire better equipment, including a motorized apparatus and a larger supply of hose, and that the volunteers should be reorganized.

Early in March 1927, Mayor Pritchard and the town council...


Reader Comments(0)

Rendered 05/25/2024 15:45