A look at the life and times of Agate School
September 23, 2021
In June 1912, parents of children attending Chapman's Cove, Miller, and Cape Horn Schools (all located in an area between Hammersley Inlet and Oakland Bay) met at the local grange hall and voted unanimously to consolidate the three districts. Two weeks later, County School Superintendent Ada Myers filed a certificate of formation for consolidated school district number 300, and in October, Mr. C. H. Nelson began building a new four-room schoolhouse at Hoballa.
The school building was completed and fully furnished by the time school started in fall 1913. In March 1914, it was announced that...